Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 large or 2 medium eggplants
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 24 ounces (750 grams) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) Mozzarella cheese, sliced
2. Dip each slice of eggplant into eggs and then crumbs.
3. Saute breaded eggplant slices until brown on both sides.
4. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
5. In a baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350° F (175° C) for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.