- 16 oz. (400 grams) lasagna noodles
- 4-5 cups chopped (bite-size) vegetables of your choice (bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place vegetables in a single layer on the sheets. Spray the vegetable with olive oil spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the flour, and stir until it just starts to brown (less than a minute). Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly, so that the sauce thickens. Stir in 2 cups of Mozzerella cheese. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Layer the lasagna as follows: a third of the noodles, a third of the vegetables, and a third of the sauce. Repeat two more times. Then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8-10 servings.