Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 7-ounce (200 gram) can tuna, drained
- 1 10.5-ounce (300 gram) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3-3/4 cup of milk
- 2 slices yellow cheese, broken into small pieces
- touch of pepper
- Durkees Dried Onions or Potato Chips (crumbled)
2. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9x9 inch casserole dish.
3. In a skillet, heat butter. Add onion and saute until transparent.
4. In a bowl, mix together sauteed onion, tuna, mushroom soup, milk, cheese and pepper.
5. Pour mixture into casserole pan.
6. Top with Durkees or Potato Chips.
7. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 35 minutes.
VARIATION: One colorful variation is to add 1/2 cup of canned peas or corn, drained, to the tuna mixture before baking. Another way to add color and flavor is to chop 1/2 red pepper, saute it with the onion, and then add to the tuna mixture before baking.