- 2 cup cake flour
- 2 cup oats
- 2 cup sugar
- 7 ounces (200 grams) margarine
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
2. Mix flour, oats and sugar in a bowl. Set aside. 3. Melt the margarine and the honey together on a low heat on the stove top.
4. In a small glass, dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water. Add to the melted honey and margarine.
5. Add the dry ingredients and hand mix until the mixture comes together.
6. Roll the mixture into balls and place them on the cookie sheet about 3/4 inch (2 centimeters) apart. Press down lightly on each ball with a fork.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
8. Leave to cool for a few minutes and then remove to a cooling rack until the cookies are completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
YIELDS: approximately 60 cookies