Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup of natural applesauce
- 3/4 cup of smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (parve)
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips (optional)
2. Mix eggs, apple sauce and peanut butter.
3. Slowly add cake mix. Mix in a small amount, and repeat until the entire box is mixed in (usually in six different mixes, especially if mixing by hand).
4. Batter will be thick. If a thinner batter is desired, add a bit more applesauce. If a stronger peanut taste is desired, add up to another 1/4 cup peanut butter.
5. Pour batter into pan. Batter can be spread within 1/3 inch from edges and it will spread out during cooking.
6. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire cookie rack.
VARIATIONS: Mix chocolate chips into batter before baking.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Enjoy cold or warm with a big glass of milk.