Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- more powdered sugar for rolling
2. Add other ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. Make balls by rolling 1 teaspoon of dough.
4. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet (or parchment lined) in 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. Cool slightly; Roll until powdered sugar while cookies are still warm.
6. Cookies may need to be rolled again prior to serving if cookies are frozen.
Replacing butter with pareve margarine is not recommended as much of the cookies flavor comes from the butter.
YIELD: 75 cookies.