Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups oil
- 8 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Add the nuts and vanilla extract.
4. Form the dough into three logs. Flatten them a bit on the top so they'll come out wider rather than rounder.
5. Bake on greased baking sheets at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
7. Slice them about an inch thick (or about as thick as the wide part of your thumb).
8. Dip both sides in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
9. Return to oven for about 5 more minutes to dry the cookie more.
Our Customers' Favorites, by Paula Levine Weinstein and Julie Komerofsky Remer (Columbus, Ohio). Recipe reprinted with permission.