Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 pt (2 cups) fresh or frozen blueberries, defrosted
- cinnamon and sugar
2. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (cake meal, potato starch and salt). Set aside.
3. Beat margarine until creamy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Mix in juice, zest, and dry ingredients.
5. It is very important to make sure the blueberries are dry. Then gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
6. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
7. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
Yield: 14-16 muffins.
Store in airtight container.
These muffins can be prepared ahead and frozen.