Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs or egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 pound (450 grams) white fish fillets (cod, tilapia, halibut...) cut into sticks of about 3 inches by 1 inch
- tartar sauce (optional)
2. In a food processor or blender, combine breadcrumbs, cereal flakes, lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt. Process until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
3. In a second shallow dish, place flour.
4. In a third shallow dish, place egg whites.
5. Dip each strip of fish in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Place on the prepared rack. Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the breading is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.