Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 lbs. (2 kilo) salmon fillet
- juice of 3 lemons
- 3 Tablespoons oil (olive or canola)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
2. Clean, rinse and pat dry the fillet.
3. Place salmon fillet - skin side down - on a piece of aluminum foil that is large enough to wrap around the whole fillet. Then place on a baking sheet or in a shallow pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the seasonings over the fillet.
6. Wrap the foil around the fish. Seal edges well, but leave room for the fish to expand.
7. Bake the fish at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow 10 minutes for the heat to penetrate the foil. Then cook another 10 minutes for each inch of fish thickness. The salmon is done when it flakes easily when tested with fork.
8. When done, remove from oven, unwrap, discard salmon skin and serve hot.
TIPS: Salmon bought fresh from a fish store is generally much better than salmon bought from the grocery store frozen section.