Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
thaw time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 loaf frozen gefilte fish
- 1 can of your favorite tomato sauce
2. Let the loaf defrost for about 10 minutes, just enough so you can unwrap it from the paper.
3. Pour some tomato sauce into a loaf pan. Place the gefilte fish loaf on top of the sauce. Pour some tomato sauce on top of the fish loaf. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
5. Cool, and then refrigerate covered.
6. Serve slices of the fish, cold, on top of lettuce.
Variation: Lightly saute an onion and pour on top of the tomato sauce and fish.