Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
soak beans overnight: 12 hours
Total Time: 13 hours, 45 minutes
Yield: 12-14 servings
- 250 grams dried chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, pareve
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. salt, or more according to taste
- 1 tsp. mustard, or more according to taste
2. Bring the pot of beans and water to a boil. Turn the flame down and simmer, covered tightly, for 1-1 1/2 hours. Drain.
3. In a large skillet, melt the margarine and saute the garlic. Add the beans, salt and mustard. Adjust the amount of salt and mustard according to taste. Saute for 10-15 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm or at room temperature as an appetizer, side dish or snack.
Variation: If you are short on time, you can used canned chickpeas instead of the dried beans.