Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
leave margarine out to soften: 6 hours
Total Time: 7 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR 1 stick margarine (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Granny Smith apples (sliced)
- lemon juice
2. Spray a 9" spring form (8" can also work) with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream oil (or margarine) and sugar. Blend in eggs.
4. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to the cake batter.
5. Place batter in the spring form pan.
6. Slice the apples and place on top of the batter so that all the batter is covered.
7. Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar according to taste.
8. Bake @350 for 45-60 minutes.