These no-bake cookies, which can be prepared in advance by children, are so delicious that we've designed our Purim baskets around them. This Purim's Mishloach Manot will be black and white.
- 18 oz. (500 grams) package Oreos (30 cookies)
- 8 oz. (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. (400 grams) white chocolate (or 2 cups white chocolate chips)
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2. Using an electric mixer, mix the crushed cookies with the cream cheese until the mixture is well blended.
3. Put the mixture in the freezer for at least on hour.
4. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
5. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
6. Remove the mixture from the freezer and roll into one inch balls.
7. Using a toothpick, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Then place on the cookie sheet to harden.
8. Keep the balls in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Yield: approximately 40 balls
Note: The balls can be prepared several weeks before an event and stored in the freezer.