The Bottom Line
- over 170 delicious, elegant, and simple to prepare Kosher for Passover recipes
- over 140 beautiful photographs
- over 130 gluten-free recipes
- instructions on preparing the Passover Seder plate and setting the Seder table
- pleasant page layout which makes recipes easy to follow
- Passover tablescaping ideas in this book were not as exciting as in her other books
- Over 130 Passover-adjusted recipes from Kosher by Design cookbook.
- Over 30 brand-new Passover recipes, developed with renown kosher caterer Moshe David
- Over 130 of the book's recipes are gluten-free, making this a year-round resource for those with Celiac disease
- Passover recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, poultry, meat, fish/dairy, side dishes and desserts
- Beautiful photographs of the food help to guide the cook toward the finished dish
- Comprehensive index for easy cross-referencing
Guide Review - Passover by Design: Picture-Perfect Kosher by Design Recipes for the Holiday
While the book naturally includes recipes for Passover staples like Matzo Brei and Passover Popovers, it also provides exciting alternatives for Passover appetizers, soups, salads, poultry, meat, fish/dairy, side dishes and desserts.
Instead of scrambled eggs, you can serve Spinach-Cheese Frittata. Instead of tuna salad, you can serve Tuna Croquettes. Instead of hotdogs, you can serve Citrusy Chicken Salad with Warm Olive Vinaigrette.
Whereas many Passover cookbooks stick to traditional Jewish dishes, this book – in typical Kosher by Design fashion – expands our horizons. How about putting Spinach, Tomato, or Turmeric Matzo Balls in your Chicken Soup? Or how about serving Carrot-Cocunut Vichyssoise instead?
Over 130 recipes in this book were derived from her other wildly successful cookbooks. This book, like the others, offers “elegant but simple.” Pineapple Truffles contain only five ingredients, and Chocolate Sorbet only four.
The book also includes over 30 brand-new Passover recipes, many designed by kosher caterer Moshe David. Fishbein describes David’s recipes, such as Veal Scallopini with Kumquats, as creative, exciting and healthy.
Lastly, with over 130 gluten-free ("non-gebrochts”) recipes, Fishbein has created a year-round cookbook for people with Celiac Disease.
Just has she succeeded to raise the level of kosher cooking in her other books, Susie raises the bar on Passover cooking in this one.