Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly.
4. Add sugar and brown sugar, and beat until creamy.
5. Add oil and vanilla. Mix well.
6. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter. Mix just until the batter is consistent, being sure not to over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
8. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes.
9. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven, but let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a minute or two to harden before removing to a wire rack to cool more.
10. Once the cookies are completely cool, store them in an airtight container.
Serving Suggestion: Serve at room temperature with a glass of milk.
Variation: For a less dense and wheaty-tasting cookie, use 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/4 cup white flour, and reduce the oil to just 3/4 cup.
Yields: approximately 4 dozen cookies