Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Puff Pastry
- sesame seeds
2. To prepare the filling, mix cooled mashed potatoes with 1 egg, melted margarine, salt and pepper. For filling with more flavor, add some fried onion and/or garlic.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide puff pastry into 5 inch squares. Place a heaping Tablespoon of filling in each square. Dampen the edges of the squares with water, and fold in half diagonally to form triangular pastries. Pinch the edges together to seal the filling inside.
4. Brush tops of borekas with egg. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for 30 minutes or until golden.