- 1 pound (500 grams) chocolate biscuit cookies (parve)
- 1 cup (200 grams, 2 sticks) margarine (parve)
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) bittersweet chocolate (parve)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk or soy milk
2. Melt chocolate and margarine in the top of a double boiler over hot water or in the microwave.
3. Using an electric mixer, combine biscuit crumbs with melted chocolate and margarine, sugar, cocoa powder and coffee granules.
4. Add the milk (for dairy truffles) or soy milk (for parve truffles) slowly until the batter is moist enough to hold together when shaped into balls.
5. Shape the mixture into balls (1-2 tablespoons of mixture per ball).
6. Roll each ball into either powdered sugar or coconut flakes or candy spinkles (jimmies).
7. Chill in refrigerator.