Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
marinate: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup cola (not diet)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2-3 Tbsp. apricot jam
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
2. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients to form the marinade.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
5. Bake, covered, at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour, basting after half an hour. Remove the foil. Bake uncovered for another 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice.
Variation: Cut potatoes into quarters and bake with the chicken.