Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. margarine (pareve)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer
- 2-2 1/2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 10 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots
- puff pastry dough, defrosted
2. Melt margarine, and saute onion until golden.
3. Blend in flour, salt, pepper. Cook over low heat for one minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth and creamer. Stir until thickened and bubbling.
5. Stir in chicken and vegetables. If more liquid is needed, add more soup or creamer. Adjust seasonings according to taste.
6. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
7. Roll out enough to dough to cover the top of the dish. Place dough over the mixture and adhere to the sides of the dish. Brush dough with beaten egg. Puncture the dough with a fork in several places so steam can escape.
8. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.