Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- seasoned bread crumbs
- canola oil
2. Set out three shallow pie dishes or deep plates: one with flour, one with beaten egg, one with seasoned bread crumbs.
3. Make sure your boneless, skinless chicken breasts are thin by either slicing them in half or pounding them flatter.
4. Dip the chicken first into flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip it into the egg, shaking off any excess. Finally, dip it into the seasoned bread crumbs.
5. Lay the breaded chicken on the greased baking sheet. Sprinkle some drops of canola oil over each chicken piece.
6. Then bake for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is white in the middle. Bake time depends on the thickness of the chicken.
1. Use well seasoned bread crumbs so the cutlets will be tasty.
2. Be careful not to over bake so the cutlets will be moist.
1. In the breading process, it is not essential to coat the chicken with the flour before coating it with the egg. The flour is optional.
2. You can add great flavor by mixing the egg with a few drops of soy sauce. Some people mix the egg with some ketchup or mustard.
2. You can use just the egg white, rather than a whole egg, to cut down on cholesterol. If preferred, you can even use water instead of an egg to moisten the chicken before coating it in the bread crumbs.
3. You can make your own seasoned bread crumbs by adding some sweet paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley to regular bread crumbs.
4. For Passover, you can make these Breaded Baked Chicken Breasts with matzah meal instead of bread crumbs.