Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 3 1/2-pound (1.5 kilo) whole chicken, or the equivalent amount of chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- vegetables such as onions, carrots, zucchini, garlic cloves
2. In a small bowl, mix oil and spices. Rub on chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
4. Wash and cut vegetables such as onions, carrots, zucchini, and garlic cloves into large pieces, Distribute these vegetables around the chicken, rubbing the vegetables and the chicken with the marinade. (I like to use lots of vegetables).
5. Roast chicken, covered, at 375°F (190°C) for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for another 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.