Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 bell peppers of different colors (red, yellow, green, orange)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 oz. (250 gm.) Feta or Bulgarian White Cheese
- 4 oz (100 gm.) sugared pecans
- bundle of chopped chives
- coarse black pepper, according to taste
- salt, according to taste (optional)
2. Cut peppers into thick strips. In a bowl, mix peppers with olive oil and crushed garlic. Transfer to a baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the peppers are soft. Transfer back to bowl. Drain and cool.
3. Cut the cheese into small cubes. Add the cheese, chives and pecans to the peppers.
4. Spice with coarse black pepper. If needed, add some salt.
5. Stir and transfer to a pretty serving dish.
Serve with fresh bread.
The peppers can be sauteed instead of baked.