Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 round head lettuce or 600 grams bagged lettuce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 6 Tablespoons vinegar
2. In a separate bowl, mix water, vinegar, sugar, and salt. The mixture can be adjusted a bit according to your taste.
3. Pour over lettuce. Use your hands to mix the lettuce well with the liquid.
4. Let sit for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate.
NOTE: The salad tastes better after a day of sitting in the refrigerator.
VARIATION: I've used a liquid sugar substitute instead of the sugar in this recipe, and it worked fine.