- 6-8 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2-3 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 cup green peas, canned
- 1 cup carrots, canned
- 4 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (or more according to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar
2. Prepare hard-boiled eggs. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
3. When you are ready to make the salad, get out a large bowl. Peel potatoes and eggs, and cut into cubes. Mix in peas, carrots, and pickles.
4. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and sugar. Gently toss.
Variation: If a creamier salad is desired, add more mayonnaise.
Tip: I prepare the boiled potatoes and hard-boiled eggs before Shabbat. Then on Saturday morning I put together this salad, which we enjoy for Shabbat lunch.