This is the only salad my kids request. During the summer months I tend to buy each week about 20 Israeli-sized (small) cucumbers. Then as soon as I get home I wash them and slice them in the food processor. Add the spices, put in the refrigerator, and the family can enjoy this sweet salad all week long.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 large (or 10 small) cucumbers
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 small onion, sliced
1. Wash cucumbers. Do not peel cucumbers. Slice them thinly using a food processor (or by hand).
2. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice, sugar and onion.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours.