- 1 cup bulgur (or cracked wheat)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 firm tomatoes, cubed small
- 1 large cucumber, cubed small
- 2-3 scallions, diced small
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
2. Let stand for about 1/2 hour, or until all water is absorbed.
3. Drain well, squeezing out any excess water. You can use a sieve and remove excess moisture by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
4. Add tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, and mint (optional) to bulgur.
5. Season with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate, covered, a few hours or overnight.
7. Serve cold.
Serve on lettuce leaves on individual plates.