Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces (250 grams) frozen green beans
- 1 large sweet potato
- water, boiling
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. onion soup mix (optional)
2. Add onions, garlic and carrots. Saute until the onion is translucent.
3. Add zucchini, cabbage, green beans and sweet potato. Saute for 7-10 minutes.
4. Add enough boiling water to cover the vegetables. Stir in spices.
5. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft enough to mash.
6. Using an insertion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper, according to taste.