Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup matzoh meal
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg yolks and water with a fork.
3. In another bowl, mix the matzah meal with the spices and parsley, if desired.
4. Alternate gently folding egg yolk mixture and matzoh meal mixture into egg whites to form a light, firm dough.
5. Cover and chill for 1/2 hour at least.
6. Either boil a pot of water with a bit of chicken soup mix mixed in it, or use your own chicken soup broth.
7. Retrieve the matzah ball mixture from the refrigerator. Stir the mixture until it is mixed well. Wet hands and form balls from the dough that are about the size of a walnut. Drop balls into the boiling soup.
8. Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low, and cook for 1/2 hour.
Note: It is important (so the balls do not fall apart) that the soup is boiling hot and the matzah ball mixture is chilled through.