Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4 carrots peeled and cut in 3-4 pieces
- 4 red pepper, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 fresh pears with skin, cored and cut into pieces
- 5-6 cups of pareve chicken stock from powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and white pepper to taste
2. Add stock and simmer for 45 minutes.
3. To puree the soup, either put the soup in a blender in batches (careful with hot soup) or use an immersion stick blender right in the pot (as I do).
4. Serve hot with a garnish
1. sour cream (soup will then be considered dairy)
2. small garlic and onion croutons
3. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
For a party presentation, pair this soup with the Pureed Butternut Squash Soup. Pour both soups into different sides of a soup plate at the same time. The colors and flavors really complement each other.
TIP: This soup can be frozen and reheated
YIELDS: Serves 6-8, but can be easily doubled.
SOURCE: Word of Mouth Kosher Catering. Recipe reprinted with permission.