Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cup dried red lentils
- 2-3 Tbsp. oil
- 2-3 onions, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 zuchini, sliced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red potato (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- dash clove powder
- fresh parsley (optional)
2. Heat oil in a large soup pot. Saute onions, garlic and zucchini until softened.
3. Stir in carrots and potatoes.
4. Drain lentils and add to soup.
5. Cover with water. Add spices and parsley.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30-45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft enough to be mashed.
7. Remove soup from heat. Use an immersion blend to puree the soup to the desire consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve soup hot with croutons or fresh bread.