Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
- 14-16 pieces of toasted bread, cut into cubes
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) pareve margarine
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 16 ounces canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (use 4 tsp. parve chicken soup powder in 4 cups boiling water)
- 2 eggs, beaten
2. Melt margarine in a skillet. Saute onion and celery until beginning to soften. Add mushrooms and parsley. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the vegetables with the bread cubes in the Crockpot. Mix in beaten eggs. Pour chicken broth over the bread and vegetables.
4. Cover. Cook in high for 30 minutes. Lower temperature to low, and cook for 3-4 hours.
Variation: For extra turkey flavor, take the neck from your turkey and cook it in the Crockpot with the stuffing.