Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 2 whole chickens
- 1 6-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- dash hot pepper
- 2 green apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
2. Spray a large roasting pan with PAM and lay the two chickens breast-side up.
3. Combine remaining ingredients, except the apples and onions.
4. Brush half the sauce over the chicken. Tuck the onion and apple wedges around the chicken.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Carefully turn chicken over and brush remaining sauce on the chicken. Bake for an additional hour, or until golden brown and juices run clear.
YIELDS: Serves 10-12 people