Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 2 pounds (1 kilograms) chicken pieces
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. paprika
- 1-2 tsp. salt (optional)
- maple syrup (parve) to coat chicken
2. Grease a shallow baking pan.
3. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Mix potatoes with oil, paprika and salt. Place in baking pan.
4. Bake potatoes, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Carefully remove potatoes from oven, place chicken pieces on top. Then pour maple syrup on top of the chicken, allowing some to drip down over the potatoes.
7. Place chicken in oven, uncovered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until browned. Baste with the maple flavored drippings once or twice during the baking process.
YIELDS: Serves 4-6