Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package puff pastry dough (* parve)
- 1 package hot dogs
2. Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Separate dough into squares.
4. Let child use a rolling pin to roll the dough out a bit if desired.
5. Have the child place one hotdog in the center of the square of dough and roll the dough up around the hotdog.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet, with the crease of the dough roll-up underneath (so it will not come undone in the oven as the dough rises).
7. If desired, let the child "paint" the tops of the dough with a bit of egg yoke mixed with a few drops of water. This gives the roll-ups a nice golden color once baked.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown. It is best to follow the baking instructions on the dough package with respect to baking time.
9. Serve with ketchup. Cut-up vegetables work well as a side dish.
Note: Make sure the puff pastry dough you buy is parve (without butter).