Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
- 4 Tablespoons parve margarine
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 4 cups pain drippings
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Measure out 4 cups of drippings. If you don't have 4 cups, then add chicken broth or water to get to this amount.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes
4. Slowly add in the 4 cups of pan drippings. Stir constantly, getting rid of any lumps, over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes, or until thickened to your desired consistency.
5. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.