- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2/3-1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups farmer cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
1. Mix eggs and water. Mix flour and salt in a separate bowl.
2. Whisk flour mixture into egg and water mixture until smooth. The batter should be thin. If it is too thick, add some more water.
3. Pour oil into a frying pan, and heat until the oil is very hot.
4. Pour just enough blintz mixture into the hot oil to lightly cover the pan. Rotate the pan so the batter covers the whole bottom.
5. Cook blintz until the center bubbles and the blintz slides in the pan.
6. Turn out blintz from pan onto a plate to cool.
7. Continue steps 1-6 above until all the batter has been used.
1. In a bowl, mix cheeses and sugar until well blended.
2. Put 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the size of the blintz made) of filling in each blintz. Fold one side over, the bottom up and the top down, and then the second side over to form a neat square.
Once the crepes are filled, they can be stored in an airtight container or bag and frozen.
Serve with fruit jams.