Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- enough matzos to cover the bottom of a jelly pan
- 1/2 pound butter (much preferred over pareve margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 2 cups (or enough to cover the matzos) chocolate chips
2. Lay matzos flat in the prepared pan. Be sure the entire pan bottom is covered with matzo, trimming matzo if necessary.
3. Combine butter and sugar in a pot on the stovetop. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour butter-sugar mixture over matzos. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot brittle. Let the chocolate melt, and then spread with a knife.
6. Top with chopped nuts. Drizzle chocolate (dark or white) over the nuts.
8. Break into pieces and serve.
For this dessert to be kosher for Passover, all ingredients must be kosher for Passover.
Our Customers' Favorites, by Paula Levine Weinstein and Julie Komerofsky Remer (Columbus, Ohio). Recipe reprinted with permission.