Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 sticks margarine (pareve)
- 1 egg
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. cake meal
- 1 c. chocolate chips (pareve)
- 1 c. chopped nuts
2. Add egg; beat well.
3. Add cake meal gradually; blend well.
4. Pat into greased jellyroll pan.
5. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
7. Return to oven 2 more minutes to soften.
8. Spread to ice the top of the bars.
9. Sprinkle with chopped nuts; cool.
10. Cut into squares.
For this dessert to be kosher for Passover, all ingredients must be kosher for Passover.
Our Customers' Favorites, by Paula Levine Weinstein and Julie Komerofsky Remer (Columbus, Ohio). Recipe reprinted with permission.