Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups matzo meal
- 2+ Tbsp. sugar (depending on how sweet you want)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 eggs
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
3. In a mixing bowl, stir together the matzo meal, sugar and salt. With the electric mixer slowly running, pour in the oil and water mixture.
4. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. The dough will be gooey, but it should hold a shape. If your eggs are large and the dough is too runny, add a few more tablespoons of matzo meal - just enough that the dough maintains a shape.
5. Wet hands and shape the dough into rolls. If your hands are not wet, the dough will stick to them. You may need to run your hands under water to wash and wet them again after every few rolls.
6. Arrange rolls on the cookie sheets.
7. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 45-50 minutes.
Yield: 12-14 rolls, depending on how big you make each roll.
1. It is best to use an electric mixer to mix the batter.
2. Store the rolls in an airtight bag or container.