Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups flour
- assorted fruit fillings (cherry, raspberry, poppy, prune or apricot)
2. Roll to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a round cutter or the top of a glass/cup).
3. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each circle of dough.
4. Pull up sides and pinch three corners together to form a triangular cookie with filling showing.
5. Bake on greased cookie sheets for approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
This recipe makes approximately 36 hamantashen.
Our Customers' Favorites, by Paula Weinstein and Julie Remer (Columbus, Ohio). Recipe reprinted with permission.