Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 7 ounces (200 grams) butter
- 8 ounces (250 grams) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- chocolate spread, strawberry jam or apricot butter for filling
- egg, beaten
- sugar for garnish
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to about 1/8 inch (1/3 centimeter) thickness.
4. Cut the dough into circles using the top of a drinking glass. Flour the rim of the glass if it is sticking to the dough.
5. Place each cut-out circle on the baking sheet.
6. Place 1 - 1 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling in the center of each circle of dough.
7. Pull up sides and pinch three corners together to form a triangular cookie with filling showing. If needed, use a drop of water to make sure the corners are pinched close tight and won't open in the oven.
9. Americans like to brush each pastry with beaten egg and sugar before baking. Israelis like to sprinkle them with confectioners sugar after they are baked. Choose whichever sweetening method works best for you.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.