Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 3 6-ounce cans (170 gram) tuna, drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons onion soup powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- sesame seeds (optional)
2. Spray a 9x13 inch pyrex baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer with half of the puff pastry.
3. In a skillet, heat oil. Saute onions until translucent. Cool.
4. In a bowl, combine the onions with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Pour the tuna mixture on top of the puff pastry, then top with the other half of the puff pastry.
6. Brush egg yolk or mayonnaise on top of the pastry dough. Then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Slightly cut serving size squares into the top of the pastry dough.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let pie cool slightly before cutting.