Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 3 1/2-pound (1.5 kilo) chicken, cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
2. Mix oil and spices in a bowl. Rub on chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
3. Discard marinade. Pour water into a shallow roasting pan. Place rack over water. Place chicken on the rack.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
5. Roast chicken, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and its juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
1. Add 1-2 tablespoons of white wine to the marinade.
2. Place onion slices under the rack in the roasting pan.
YIELDS: 4 servings