Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
roast cauliflower: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6-8 cups vegetable stock or pareve chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- white pepper
- 1 cup light cream
2. In a soup pot, heat the soup stock. Add the roasted vegetables. Add the dill, salt and pepper.
3. Bring the soup to a boil, then simmer on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
5. Return to the heat. Stir in the cream. Season with more fresh chopped dill, salt and pepper according to taste. Cook until just heated through.
Note: If the soup is too thick for your taste, it can be thinned with water to desired consistency.