- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 large zucchini or other summer squash, peeled
- 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, or 1 (4-ounce) container of Egg Beaters
- 1 (8-ounce) package Farmer cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy or regular flour
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Saute onion and set aside.
3. Grate the zucchini and squeeze out excess liquid.
4. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and cheese, mixing well. Add the flour and season with salt and pepper.
5. Combine zucchini with the cheese mixture. Add the onions. Mix well.
6. Pour into the prepared casserole dish. Bake for about 1 hour.
Add some color with 1/2 cup chopped red pepper, 1/2 cup chopped green pepper and 1/4 cup sliced green scallions.
If serving as a side dish together with another protein, you may want to replace 1 egg yolk with 2 egg whites or use Egg Beaters.
Syrian Cucumber-Mint Soup can be served as a sauce over this souffle.
YIELD: 10 servings
serving size: 1 slice
protein (g): 2.8
carbs (g): 4.8
sat. fat (g): 0.3
cholesterol (mg): 61
sodium (mg): 27
calcium (mg): 27
fiber (g): 1
Exchange - free vegetable 1, medium-fat protein: 1/2