Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into circles
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into 2-3 inch wedges
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 butternut squash or 1 pound pumpkin, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into circles
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- parve chicken soup powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, frozen
2. Cover vegetables with enough boiling water to cover them.
3. Season with parve chicken soup mix, turmeric, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
5. Add frozen chickpeas. Simmer for another 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Prepare couscous from a package according to package directions.
7. To serve, place couscous on a plate and top with vegetables, including some of the broth.