Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 16 ounces (500 grams or 3 cups) farfel
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. margarine, melted
2. Soak farfel in water for 20 minutes.
3. While the farfel is soaking, in a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add raisins and apple.
4. Drain farfel. Add into mixing bowl. Mix well. 5. Melt margarine in a 9x12 inch baking dish. Pour farfel mixture into the dish and mix with the melted margarine. Cover.
6. Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
YIELD: 6-8 servings.
Serve warm as a side dish with a meat entree such as roast chicken.