Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 16 ounces (500 grams) fresh mushrooms
- 2-3 onions
- 2 ounces (50 grams) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2. Peel and thinly slice onions.
3. In a saucepan, heat butter. Stir in onions, and cook over medium heat until slightly softened.
4. Add mushrooms to pan. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly softened.
5. Drain off a bit of the liquid from the mushrooms. Pour cream over onions and mushrooms. Stir and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve hot or cold. Serve alone or over pasta.