- 1 16 ounce package of egg noodles
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1/2 medium cabbage, chopped in a food processor
- 8 ounces (200 grams) sauerkraut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
2. In a food processer, chop the cabbage. Set aside.
3. Chop the onions into small cubes.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute the onion in the oil until slightly yellowed. Add the cabbage to the skillet. Saute together until begins to brown.
5. Drain the sauerkraut. Add the sauerkraut to the skillet. Saute everything together until a light brown color is reached.
6. Remove from heat. Season with pepper. Add a pinch of salt if desired (the sauerkraut is already salty).
7. Mix the cabbage and noodles together. Serve warm.